Monday, May 7, 2012

Derby Daze 2012

Another Derby has come and gone. Our house is still in disarray from the party we hosted, but that's part of having a big shindig at your home. I didn't have the winner, I'll Have Another, but I did have a show bet on Dullahan. Can't recall what a $2 show bet paid - probably enough to buy a Coke.

Tons of celebs were in town, from A-list to D. Ashton Kutcher made the rounds, as did Tom Brady, Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf, Mary J. Blige, Debra Messing and many, many more. And, apparently being a Real Housewive garners you an invite to the Derby, because there were a few of them floating around as well. Don't get me started.

Here are some of the glitterati from Friday's galas, as well as Derby Day itself.

Stefi Graff and Andre Agassi. I've always been a fan of both tennis stars.

Debra Messing - love her ensemble.

Cyndi Lauper, who also served as Grand Marshall of the Pegasus Parade the Thursday before Derby. Apparently she let the F-bomb drop on live television during the parade. My kids were with my mother-in-law at the event. Hopefully they weren't paying attention at that point. 

ESPN's Erin Andrews at the Derby - love her dress, too.

Country singer Miranda Lambert was among the many celebrities who attended the Barnstable-Brown gala the night before Derby.

Here's Mr. Kutcher, clearly missing Demi, at the gala.

For those of you who bet the Derby, did you have a winner?

Now we countdown to the end of school and our beach vacation. I cannot wait. The Outer Banks is calling my name.

Happy Monday, friends.

Images from The Courier-Journal

8 comments:

Kerr said...

I had Ill have another! How will I ever spend my $32?!

Glitterista said...

Ooooh, Debra Messing looks great! Love her outfit. :)

Main Line Sportsman said...

Dullahan paid 7.20 to place I think. My pick...Union Rags...poor showing at best.

Anastasia Schembri said...

While the ladies of the Derby look lovely, I am sure they couldn't hold a candle to you in your party dress!
I can't wait to see the pics of your party!

Renée Finberg said...

gotta say.....
i always knew this would happen to demi.
what was she thinking?
......oh....
that's right.
she wasn't.

how the heck are ya?
great post.
-i just had to get my 2 cents in about demi.

Tiffany from HOLIDAY said...

So much fun!!! I hope to post pics soon of our derby themed bday party. I'm still tired, by the way!

About Last Weekend said...

Wow, that Ashton K gets around. Last time I read about him he was in Brazil somewhere. I am loving every bit of Cyndi's ensemble

Beth Dunn said...

I had the winner but I didn't pick him per se, it was hand drawn. Can't believe it's over
xoxo
SC